Saturday, March 04, 2006

English Enigmatics!!!

Not my own - Anin's brainchild :D.....yes, yes the very same ubiquitous commentator!! :)

Anyway, Anin has very kindly given me the copyrights to this poem. So here goes...!! :D

I wake up and to myself resolve,

Today English I have to solve

But I have ended p in a tangle

In this wordy world I do wrangle


As I resign to my fate

Sneaks in "A room 10'x8'"

It is all about relations and relatives

And is of course the most effective of sedatives.


Insects do hum this we all know

To the extent of writing on it one should never go

Someone please tell that to Robert Lynd

He has left me without breath or wind


A dark complexion and blue eyes

With looks over which Doronin dies,

Who even cares if you love play-acting?

Why do we suffer your life so boring?


"Judgment of Paris" is one to cherish

Albert Einstein can go to hell and perish,

To ask him to give a speech is the work of a devil

Further to make us read it leads to our peril


"Asoka" is just loads of mugging.

"Grief" is one that is rather bugging,

Potapav wants relief from his grief.

Why can't he leave us free?


These the lessons in prose made me sit and swoon,

Till the clock showed it was half past noon,

Proceeding to have a taste of the poets' work

Little did I know the greater dangers that lurk!


My feeling for the bird is not sympathetic,

For it has left in a situation pathetic,

This heart of mine, to the lord above, a plea does fling,

It is that Dunbar does never again sing.


Through "Survivors" it is very hard to survive,

But for the time being to do it I shall strive,

To Pakistan I shall give Macleish on lease,

For his verse can destroy and demolish.


"Of Mother's" requires no special mention,

it is my primary cause of tension.

While summer is the approaching season,

To learn "Ode to autumn" I see no reason.


In "Sally" there is but a major folly,

The fellow is so young he ought to sucking a lolly.

But still it is tones better the "Curtain",

One can say that for certain.


This sums up the English terror.

If in any opinion you see an error,

Grant me pardon and to express my views give me freedom,

For this is a work written in complete boredom.


In case you didn't realize....this one endeavoured to capture the essence of the bloody boring english text that we wrote our boards based on!!! :D

8 Comments:

Blogger Paddyman said...

you must bekidding me...curtain is so mcuh better than sally

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice poem anin.... tho i had no clue what u were reffering to, u expressed ur distress quite well..

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ tuffy dude! i like sally more bcoz it more optimistic moreover curtain starts with an end

@freak thanks ...:D

7:05 PM  
Blogger Paddyman said...

dont worry..namrita is not going to denmark soon..youdont have to part and all ! i didnt know you wre as desperate as henry carey ! :D

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ koala i didnt mean that you oaf probably all those 50$ nights have addled you mind.
i remember reading something about bat having larger.... have smaller brains

8:28 PM  
Blogger varsha said...

hey anin, just read this....pretty good!

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

1:01 PM  
Blogger wildmistyblue said...

wow...that was pretty cool! i'm in 12th right now n was looking for a summary to a chapter n stumbled upon ur poem... i really enjoyed ur poem... could empathize with u :P... tho i kind of like monkey's paw n judgement of paris..anyway thanks for the enjoyable read

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home