Monday, March 06, 2006

Ours Physicsica

Another piece of literary genius from the Anin Poetry Machine (title included)!! This time serving to acquaint you with the spectacular horrors of Physics!! Well…nothing can really, really make you understand what 12th CBSE physics is like…but this is a seriously good attempt!!

On 3rd my life was plunged in gloom,

The physics exam my head did loom,

I picked up the book with little zeal,

Who wouldn't! while thinking about the imminent ordeal.

The progress was terribly slow,

Do you know where the charge will flow?

My approach to it rather tentative,

Erm…was the circuit capacitive.

The next chapter was very highly repulsive,

For all the circuits were resistive,

Ok! Now I liven up the tone,

I liked the bridge of Wheatstone!

The chapter ahead was nothing less than comical,

For it was the effect of current, that to chemical,

Physicists should never try there hand at chemistry,

Because they end making there own mockery.

While magnetism was the most bitter strife,

I wish Biot & Savartz are not given another life,

I now regret having slept in many a class,

As Lorentz force skips over my head, alas!

Magnetism and matter is no small matter,

It is explosive served in a platter,

The thought "I'll give you hoff, right" lends comic relief,

But I have to proceed with haste, Oh my grief!

It lies ahead, as deceiving as a set of cryptics,

Oh hell! Is this really optics?

A philosophical photon asks itself "who and why am I?"

"What are you?" I add with a sigh.

This forms the basis of the chapter beyond,

I cant say, of this chapter I am very fond,

"Every matter is in fact a wave"

Why should I know this, you knave.

Atom is a chapter beyond compare,

There is not enough in it to even care,

Nuclei is small in the real world,

But in physics the whole thing is so curled,

Semiconductors do no good but increase my tension,

But hush a second! Transistors require my immediate attention.

Disaster is not what one can avoid.

With "Principles of communication" so vast and wide.

As midnight approaches near,

Creeps in a feeling of fear,

But where is the feeling in my hand,

It has become as numb as wood or land…

6 Comments:

Blogger Paddyman said...

wow !! hilarious !! anin stud da !

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ koala thank u thank u

8:28 PM  
Blogger varsha said...

hey really good one. Din kno pyhsics could inspire such poetry in u!!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didnt know ANYTHING could inspire poetry in me..:D

11:07 PM  
Blogger S said...

@anin:
u are quite good at poetry, y'know!!

6:55 AM  
Blogger passer by said...

wow...

ur limerick served many purposes..

1.it brought in a smile.
2.it was a walk through the forgotten lanes of physics..
3.it made me book mark this link..

astalavista

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home